INGLEWOOD, Calif. (November 17, 2010)—Premier Pegasus will try to remain undefeated when he faces five other 2-year-olds in the $100,000 Hollywood Prevue Stakes Saturday at Hollywood Park.
A Grade III at seven furlongs over Cushion Track, the Prevue, which is the eighth of nine races, is a prep for the $750,000-guaranteed CashCall Futurity Dec. 18.
There is also a grab bag giveaway Saturday. Items are available – one per paid admission – while supplies last. Post time is 12:30 p.m.
Owned and bred by trainer Myung Kwon Cho, Premier Pegasus, a son of Fusaichi Pegasus and the Summer Squall mare Squall Linda, wired six opponents in the Jack Goodman Stakes Oct. 23 during the Oak Tree/Hollywood Park meet. This 1 ¾ length victory followed a debut score July 24 at Del Mar, a race in which the Kentucky bred was dismissed at 44-1. Premier Pegasus has earned $65,400.
High Level Jeff is also perfect in two races. The son of Vindication and the Storm Cat mare Stormy Reply earned his wins at Calder. He defeated maidens Oct. 10, then won an allowance over a sloppy surface 18 days later.
After the Oct. 28 victory, a 75% interest in High Level Jeff was purchased by J. Paul Reddam. The remaining 25% is owned Steve Dwoskin, the colt’s former trainer. High Level Jeff is now in the barn of Doug O’Neill. The Kentucky bred has banked $34,320.
Industry Leader broke into the game like a colt with a very bright future. The son of Cherokee Run and the Seeking the Gold mare Dynamite Miss won by 2 ¼ lengths as the 11-10 favorite Oct. 31. He’s owned by Dimitri Racing Stable LLC and Twilight Racing LLC and trained by Kristin Mulhall. The maiden win on the final day of Oak Tree was worth $22,800.
Contemplated was another debut winner. Owned by breeders Pam and Marty Wygod and trained by John Sadler, the Bertrando gelding out of the Prized mare Kinky Kinky won by three-quarters of a length against California bred maidens Aug. 11 at Del Mar. The win was worth $30,000.
Bob Baffert, who leads all trainers with four Prevue wins, will try for another with Awesome Patriot.
An Awesome Again colt out of the Cee’s Tizzy mare Tizamazing, Awesome Patriot was fifth in the Goodman after winning at first asking Oct. 9. He’s earned $23,900 for Lanni Family Trust.
Baffert, who is six wins away from 2,000 in his career, collected his most recent Hollywood Prevue victory with Massive Drama in 2007. His other wins came in succession between 1996-1998 with In Excessive Bull (1996), Commitisize (1997) and Premier Property (1998).
A son of A.P. Indy and the Polish Numbers mare Polish Nana, Northern Indy returns to Southern California after defeating maidens by five lengths going a mile Oct. 28 at Golden Gate. He was fourth on the turf versus maidens in his debut Oct. 11 during Oak Tree/Hollywood Park. He’s earned $19,080 for Highland Yard LLC and trainer O J Jauregui.
From inside out, the field for the 29th Hollywood Prevue: Awesome Patriot, Victor Espinoza rides, 116 pounds; Industry Leader, Rafael Bejarano, 116; Contemplated, David Flores, 116; High Level Jeff, Joel Rosario, 116; Premier Pegasus, Alonso Quinonez, 116 and Northern Indy, Mike Smith, 116.
Copyright © 2009-2013, Hollywood Park. All rights reserved.